Are you interested in participating in a Short-Term Missions (STM) Trip to Serbia? Well, we're so excited for what God will do in and through those of you who will end up participating in this trip!!!
This blog will give you the proposed dates and initial budget. That being said, please understand that until we’ve secured flights with deposits, the cost and travel dates may adjust somewhat. You also need to know that this is primarily a work trip and you will need the physical ability to lift, dig, hammer, saw & do other vigorous manual labour all day for the course of 5 or 6 days.
At this point we are planning on departing from the Fort St. John airport on Saturday, September 26; returning to Fort St. John on Monday, October 6 (11 days, including travel).
The cost for the trip will be roughly $3,000 CDN per person. This includes:
– flights to and from Fort St. John
– all transportation within Serbia
– accommodation in Serbia
– all meals in Serbia
This cost does NOT include:
– snacks / meals while travelling to & from Serbia (i.e. in airports)
– travel & medical insurance
– fees to acquire a Canadian passport
– extra & overweight baggage fees
– personal spending money in Serbia (for souvenirs, personal excursions, etc.)
Each person committing to the STM trip is responsible for the full $3,000. However, in order to make the trip more affordable — and to invite others to catch the vision — we divide the costs into thirds:
Personal Contribution: $1,000
Faith Support Goal: $1,000
Fundraising Goal: $1,000 (per person)
If you choose to commit to the trip, we will require the following:
– agree to participate in all fundraisers (unless work, illness or a pre-booked holiday prevents you from doing so)
– agree to participate in all team meetings (prayer, planning, team-building exercises, etc.)
– a $500 non-refundable deposit no later than May 31 (this is to secure flights).
– the balance of your personal contribution ($500) paid by July 12
– agree to contribute from your own funds to make up any shortfall in Faith Support and Fundraising goals
– commit to praying for fellow team members and the trip itself
– commit to nurturing a healthy team environment
There’s so much more to share, but that’s the technical stuff. If you’re still seriously considering participating in this trip, please pray, pray, pray about your involvement and then get in touch with Jimmy
or Len Denbrabe
r via email or in person no later than May 15
(preferably sooner). Once we have our team established, we’ll start talking about fundraisers, the projects we’ll be undertaking in Serbia, and how we will be ministering to the Serbians and the Roma people.
In the meantime, feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or need clarification on anything related to the trip.